Thursday, June 07, 2007

Blah Blah Blah

This is a totally random post because first I want to talk about how half the reason I came back into blogging was the need for attention from all the random people who used to read my blog earlier and then now I am going to tell you how much I miss the bandi wala near my old house in Vidyaranyapura (B'lore) who used to make amazing unique chats with things like nippat, peanuts, biscuits, kodbale, kurkure and what not.

Man! Is that like a long sentence or a long sentence! I have this habit of trying to put everything into one sentence. One of my friend's friend had a bad time figuring out what the heck I was trying to say over phone. Since it was the first time (and the last till now) we ever spoke to each other, he just politely (didn't seem to me then) asked me to repeat (twice) and then let it go (by just handing the phone over to my friend without any warning).

That's another habit of mine...the whole bracket thing to express my opinion about every word here and there in the long sentences, the whole thing just leading to an even more confusing piece of writing. Not to mention the growing physical length of these sentences owing to the ellipses...

See, there I go again!

Anyway, I didn't even remember to go there (to the chat place, I lost track when I re-read it too) this winter when I was back home. I loved my house there and my current house doesn't measure up to it in anyway. I wish we had stayed on there and I still had Minchu (my cat, ya I really don't know why I named him that, btw that means lightning) and the shoe flower tree and the small patch of lavender lilies in the driveway and the huge terrace (seriously, I hate US for not having houses with terrace) and the compound and the gate on which Minchu used to (cat)walk and the mesh on which passion fruit ivy grew. Not to mention the much calmer roads and easily accessible stores.

But, I definitely do not miss the lizards. If I have to be thankful for my new house, thats probably the only thing. I do not miss them falling on me or jumping out of the cloth I used to remove off my comp. The only person who enjoyed them was Minchu because he had loads of fun trying to chase them by running after them on the floor or trying to climb walls or even assume that he can fly up to the tube light to get one of them! Of course I had fun watching him perform his amazing (unachievable) feats and then look at me with innocent disappointed eyes.

I just realized that most of my posts are about the past and how much I miss certain things...sigh...have to learn to live in the present!!

And oh ya...about the first thing I started off about, what I wanted to say was that I am desperate, so please comment. (Atleast I'll know somebody noticed I am back)

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

stop playing with lives. thn appu and now there rupa. stop being a leech. give out something, than sucking in

we hear abt you

look who is watching :D

4:36 PM  
Blogger Pooja Subramanya said...

So much for wanting a comment. Sigh...there's no dearth of people who try to put your spirits down.

But hey! you should know you are not going to affect me. :)

And good to know you hear about me. Seems like I am quite popular.

4:41 PM  
Blogger KAD said...

I notice. The blog's been heavy on activity off late and Google Reader does a wonderful job of telling me when a new post appears. Keep writing..they don't go unread that's for sure.

As for the post, I can empathize. Prolonged periods away from home cause a flood of memories and everything that reminds you of home brings a lump in your throat. Lived through that feeling long ago till I got busy in driving new cars everyday. :)

Cheers.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Pooja Subramanya said...

You wont believe if I tell you that I haven't driven a single car here in US (not that I did in India)!

Anyway, enjoy your time here!

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, you are a thick skinned ...........

worried only about your (spirits) & (spirits)

i still like you. your road to perdition is not far. turn back and be good.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Pooja Subramanya said...

Seems like you like giving advice where its not asked for.

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

arey motee, advise is what you deserve; than what you ar asking for"

8:50 AM  
Blogger Fanaah said...

Hahah I see its one of those phazes when one needs to ramble. Theres joy in rambling...and theres even greater joy when u can just stop and fall in love with everything in slow motion.

For now though...ramble on...

7:05 AM  
Blogger Neha said...

Heyy Pooja.. good to have you back.. and I must say..the new look is definitely sexyy..Keep writing..:)I enjoy reading your ramblings..

1:47 PM  
Blogger Crouching Tigress said...

Ok. I read this post. I also noticed that my blog is linked to yours under "FRIENDS blogs"..when did THAT happen? LOL.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Pooja Subramanya said...

@Archana: Oops!! Was it a slip??? :P

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home