Friday, June 01, 2007

Weekend Trip

First beach visit in US was a huge disappointment. Except for fancy names and fantastic descriptions, there was nothing more there. It looked like a miniature model of a beach, only, a bad replica.

The view was cut by a small piece of land big enough to block what I was hoping to stare into - endlessness. The beach from the road to the water was short, the sand was coarse, the water murky and the one thing that marks a sea, waves...were missing!! It was a man made tank of water with sand sprinkled around it.

So much for Pleasure Bay!

And I remembered and missed my hometown with its beautiful lonely untouched beach. And the evenings spent by the gate watching the light house shine its light turn by turn in each of the four directions. To imagine that the beautiful house might not be there when I go back is just so painful.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pooj,

Just came across ur blog 2day and reading this particular blog amazed me...u hv echoed my sentiments exactly of our dear old ksgd house! i've spent my first 10 yrs there, climbing every tree(even the tall gate!), playing all sorts of games in all nooks and corners (esp attic)..... and now i shudder even to think (let alone visit) about the changes happening there...but i guess thatz part of life...sigh!
anywayz, well written blogs!

tc,
Som

4:54 AM  
Blogger Pooja Subramanya said...

I know!! Its pretty sad, I am hoping they sell it after I pay one more visit! :( And there are so many more memories attached to that house that we all have, it will fill up pages if we write about it.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home