Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Gotta go!

Soon after I bought my current cam, there was a trip to San Diego planned. Actually, now I don't know which was planned because of which. Anyway, so I had a week to 'prepare' before we left and I sat and read the camera guide completely day and night so much so that ogiedogie made fun of me about how he never saw this kind of dedication during my Masters! Operated the camera a bit with him being my subject about which he was very happy, but not so much with the result! I crammed up aperture/shutter speed settings for different conditions of light and times of day and thought I am going to come out with amazing pics. (More about what happened to the pics on this trip in some other post).

San Diego was a long drive (the others will kill me for saying this since I did not drive at all :P). Crashed at midnight, expecting to wake up after a deep sleep of atleast 8 hours. Unfortunately, San Diego, rather 'gotta go's'(our host) place is quite prone to fire! I am laughing as I write this....we were woken up at 5 in the morning by our host who forced us to get out of the house. He reminded me of a military officer commanding us to get up or get our ass kicked! He was standing there (he looked intimidating especially since we were all sprawled on the floor and he looked like a giant towering over us) with his hands on his hips and trying to wake us up. I turned and looked at him with half open eyes and I could hear him saying...gotta go...

It took a whole lot of time for all of us to realize why we were on the streets at the wee hours of morning. Fire Alarm! While rubbing my eyes and cursing everyone in the world for disturbing my sleep, I realized it was a false alarm. After going back and squeezing into the comforter, it wasnt another 2 hours and I could hear a buzzing sound that started irritating me until it got louder and louder...and then we realized it was another fire alarm! Most unique experience...but not so pleasant. This time, after we all assembled outside, I took out my cam to capture this very eventful moment. Ya, I had to save my precious cam this time (just in case it was a real fire)! Its a different story that I didn't bother getting hold of my other valuables...

Oh...ya, the second time was a false alarm too. $@$@$^!#$#% So much for my sleep!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't bottle up your creativity by writing inane stuff. Do write, if not in this blog, because you can write beautifully.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home