Thursday, July 13, 2006

Yesterday was something like this.

Eyes opening to the afternoon sun, panic, getting dressed in a record time of 15 mins, one look into the mirror...more panic, almost a heart attack...looked like a drab (see this is why girls need more time to get dressed...for their own good health), realized the extra fast dressing up was nothing to be proud of, sulked for 5 minutes, then realized that there is not one single person in this town who I really care to dress for (ya ya..dont give me the...you should do this for yourself crap...it gets boring when noone notices u when u look all nice and sexy).

Anyway, dragged myself to the lab (ok...not really, went by bus today too...my bike calls out to me every morning, but it says "you need to lose weight..so use me", now that isnt tempting enough for me to get on it, is it?). Sitting in the lab, eagerly waited for the clock to strike 4...why? Coz I was going to finally use the squash racket that has been lying unused for nearly a month (yayy! the things that one derives pleasure from)! Ok...it turned 5 and my friend is still at home...and after 5 I cannot stay in the lab (some rule my mind has made up without consulting me), so I go home.

Then...finally the best thing happens...my friend knocks on the door and she is dripping wet. Before I can react, she drags me out into the rain! So...we take our bikes out (my bike must have been soo happy that I finally rode it) and bike around in the heavy rain around the residential areas...all the way to campus. I smiled at everyone who stared at us from under umbrellas and inside cars! There was nothing or noone I cared about at that instant. I came home dripping and stood in front of the mirror...grey pyjamas sticking to my legs, home slippers on my feet, wet hair that stuck to my odd shaped head, a stupid pink band that held the hair together, green shirt that didnt look too flattering when it clung like that to my body...but, I think I was happy enough to think I looked better than I did in the morning!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTH...You never wrote about the second friend who knocked on your door:(

10:05 AM  
Blogger Pooja Subramanya said...

lol! See atleast I made you comment after your yesterday's proclamation that you wont be commenting on my blog anymore!

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

waowwwwwwwwwwwww...on my knees hands up with a bow...
:)...but still :(

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there has been lot of change from the day you set your foot in amherst - in horizontal direction

slim down a bit, and give that your sensual smile; you will find your fans

10:36 PM  
Blogger Pooja Subramanya said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wanted to comment, but now that I think of it again... should I ?

in some aspects my thought process is the same.
except the girl dressing part and noticing part (coz i am a guy and ppl do notice me :) )...

anywyas, the story is a bit more complicated to write in a comment.

oops...been at the the Chicago Airport for almost 3 hrs and finally there is a gate change anouncement !!! gotta go..safe flight to me !

~ TheGodGifted :)

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth; oh nevermind; you will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they have faded. But trust me, in 20 years you'll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you cant grasp now how
much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked."

~ TheGodGifted :)

ps : flight late by half an hr more..damn ! :((

4:44 PM  
Blogger duckbuck said...

hmmmmmm

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home