Monday, May 08, 2006

Before the darkness sets in

As I looked up from my book, I saw something so beautiful in front of my eyes, I was turned into a statue. Across the window was a mix of such lovely colours, it seemed like I was inside a fairy tale! Sunset never had made me feel so exuberant and peaceful before. As the orange merged into a pink in the distance, the first thing that occured to me was to get hold of a camera. And then someone's words rang in my ears about how obsessed I am with my camera and how I spend enough time running around taking pictures to miss the whole experience! For once, I thought I should listen to his words and just sit there and look at it. The colours kept changing from a bright shade to a dull one until violet spread across the horizon merging into the blue sky. The flaming colors of orange and pink had come down and looked like there was fire burning in a far far away land which somehow reminded me of Rumpelstiltskin dancing around the fire!

After ages, I observed both sunrise and sunset on the same day! I will not go into the details of how I spent the rest of the time inbetween blisfully in sleep!



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

true!!! amherst is a paradise in spring...
-anony 1:)))

5:35 PM  
Blogger Subodh Shivapuja said...

Ya... I know the sunset is beautiful here.... its probably beautiful in bangalore as well, but we cant see it as well because of the pollution.... if you think this is beautiful wait till 'fall' starts you'll be overwhelmed with all the colors........

5:39 AM  
Blogger milieu said...

makes you want to stay here forever, doesnt it ;-|

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cj

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home