Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Made for Each other?

When they were 5 years old:

He: Can I have your toy?
She: (after thinking for 2 mins), Yes you can, but take care of it, dont break it.

When they were 10:

He: Can I have that story book?
She: Yes, take it. Its from my prized collection, be careful with it.

When they were 16:

He: Can I have your bike for the day?
She: (after thinking about her stern dad), Yes you can take it out, but please be careful.

When they were 20:

He : Will you give me your heart ?
She: (she smiled) Yes, but dont ever break it.

When they were 25:

He: (In deep thought) Would you ever give up your life for me?
She: (sighing) You asked me for my toy when we were kids and I parted with it so that you could have the pleasure of playing with it too.

Another day you asked me for a story book from my collection. I never lend that book to anyone, but I gave it to you because I wanted you to enjoy the pleasure of reading it and experience what I had experienced.

A few years later you asked me if you could borrow my bike. I thought about my father who would be very angry if he knew, but I gave it to you because I knew you wanted to take that girl out and show off in front of her. And I wanted you to have your share of happiness.

And then one fine day you asked me for my heart, I gladly gave it to you because I had waited for this moment for so long. I wanted us to grow together and understand and make each other happy. That toy truck came back to me with two wheels out. I fixed it and continued playing with it. The book came back after six months with the pages torn and the cover soiled. I taped many of the pages together, but I couldnt do anything about the pages that were missing. The bike came back home late in the night with scratches and a dent in the front. My father grounded me for a week for lending my bike. I got it repaired with the pocket money I had saved for buying that tennis racket I wanted so badly.

And now... my heart is in pieces. Can you tell me how I am going to pick up all the pieces and patch them up together and never feel the pain of the past? No I wont give my life for you. Everything has become too precious to give it away to you now.

He: And because I broke your heart, you are breaking mine?

"He was still thinking only about himself..."

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well...hope u wont MIND if i ask tis, but how come u r sooooooo SENTI?? evrytin you write has so much DEPTH..relly gets me thinkin. FRANKLY the piece u hav written is TRUE for GALS also na??

5:19 AM  
Blogger ~ h said...

there's a strong female chavenistic flavor to the article. not that i wouldn't like admit guys are at times reckless... but yet, the case is rather true in the converse as well! i certainly beleive that everything in life has a cause and consequence. granted some things turn out rather differently than what we expect but that's probably coz we didn't weigh all the possible outcomes and gave in to a sudden rush of irrationality (which is what makes us human i suppose)... life is also built on experiences and i'm glad that the girl did have a limit set albeit a rather liberal one... :)

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bah! You are always posting something so senti. Get over him who ever he is!

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful thoughts ............. touched my life

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice one pooja
keep up the good work.

12:09 AM  
Blogger sp said...

Quite an interesting blog you have. I see many of the comments on your blog have called you a senti type. But in my opinion, most girls are sentimental, but you (or rather majority of your posts) seem to combine that with an interest in human pscyhology, day to day behaviour of people. Thats what I find interesting in your posts.

6:43 AM  
Blogger sp said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lagta hai aap busy rahete hain aajkal huh?? so notin from u for a looooong time now...or is the SILENCE BEFORE THE STORM???

2:11 AM  
Blogger Dolphin said...

i Just finished reading your blog.Good one. But all thru i just kept wondering,why do we all want to fall in love, when we know deep down nothing lasts forever.Love is like dropping a stone in a river, it wll hit the bottom, but the water will just flow by.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Pooja Subramanya said...

Ok...for everyone who thinks this is the sad story of my life...YES....I am sentimental..but NO..this isnt my story! And it isnt any friend's story either! Just popped into my head so wrote it.
And @Anonymous - I dont need to get over anyone!

5:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did yuo write it yourself?

8:07 AM  
Blogger Pooja Subramanya said...

@Kunal - Yes I wrote it myself...

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great! you are very good at this.

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i appreciate that.guys generally do plagiarism of thoughts.but honey u made urself accustomed to that.

11:07 AM  
Blogger thushar said...

those were really beautiful words!

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home