Thursday, June 30, 2005

Book Tagged!

Ok, I have been book tagged and here goes...


Books - one of my passions.

My Book collection - something I take pride in.

Fiction - Jeffrey Archer, Agatha Christie, John Grisham, Sidney Sheldon, Perry Mason seires, Robert Ludlum, Fredrick Forsyth, Irving Wallace, Robin Cook...( close to 100)

Classics - David Copperfield, Mark Twain, O Henry, Stevenson, Jane Austen, Oscar Wilde, R.K.Narayan...(have about 50 of them)

Kiddie Collection - Famous Five, Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew......I cant give them away even though I dont read them now (have crazily collected around 70 of these)

Misc - dont have the patience to list them now.

[All above books owned by me :-) (Have not included mom, dad or granpa's collection)]

E-books - something I wont even give a glance towards.

Hard- bounds - dont really prefer coz I cant read them while lying on my bed!

Books I would recommend

1. Paul Reiser's "Couplehood" - hilarious!(Thanks sups... for giving me the book)

2. Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen (the not so romantic ones...dont bother, is not fast-moving like the thrillers, a classic...u will need some patience)

3. O-Henry's 100 short stories - This one is another classic, the stories are very moving. (for those who cant place him..remember "The Gift of Magi"?)

4. Sherlock Holmes - the complete collection (2 volumes)

Other memorable reads

Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown
The Eleventh Commandment - Jeffrey Archer
Code to Zero - Ken Follet
A Murder is Announced - Agatha Christie

(There are plenty of othes, but this post is too lengthy already)

Comics I enjoy

Calvin & Hobbes
Archies

Books I could have skipped

Linda Goodman's Sunsigns
Mills and Boon series

Books I want to read

Pappillon
Jonathan Livingston Seagull -by Richard Bach
Books by Sommerset Maugham

Books I cant seem to finish

As the crow flies - Jeffrey Archer
LOTR
Men are from mars and Women from Venus

Books I cant seem to start

John Grisham novels (no matter which one I pick...I cannot even start reading)

Books I treasure

Disneys classics - Collection of 12 Fairy Tales!

Ya call me a kid, call me a romantic...call me a dreamer! I am all of them. I cant let go of these (I hide them away when my lil cousins come home, else mom will spot them and pass it onto them)! These are with illustrations and the pictures are awesome, I love to paint them.

(Of course, I am possesive about all my books...)

Book I am curently reading

Readers Digests (of 2004...during my bus journeys)
(yes yes, its not a book, its a magazine, I cant find any book that I havent read and I need to buy more).

People I am going to tag

NONE (There doesnt seem to be anyone left)!

6 Comments:

Blogger Sangeeta said...

Wow! a wonderful collection..especially the kiddie collection...Im often tempted to buy Hardy Boys and Nancy Drews off the shelves of papermarts...but then..I have lots of Tinkles

8:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

agree with Sangeetha...very nice collection of books...hey! seems like we both have some common interests in books too!

3:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if grisham is ur fav novelist,acc to ur list, then how come u cant get urself to read a single one of his books? its a little confusing thats all. I think u mean jonathan Livingston seagull by bach!

3:09 AM  
Blogger Pooja Subramanya said...

When did I say Grisham was my fav??!!!

5:09 AM  
Blogger Pooja Subramanya said...

And oh ya..thanks for the correction about Seagull (I heard about the book from someone, so assumed the title and author....)

5:13 AM  
Blogger Pooja Subramanya said...

And oh ya..if the reason u thought Grisham was my fav was coz I have his collection, then who says you got to pick books of only your fav author? I have picked up a few books, but havent been able to read or finish them.

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home