Monday, June 13, 2005

A wonderful Sunday Evening

'Yesterday' started out very pleasant, with me seeing the daylight at 10.30 in the morning! Afterall Sundays are for waking up late. Breakfast - had something that looked like a dosa, but tasted nothing like it! With mom not being around these days, my meals are getting less healthier and even less appealing to my eyes and taste buds. Then switched on that machine on my table that keeps me alive these days! Damn! Stupid Cable net...first of all, it is supposed to be fast, but I have given up on that since these days I am having other problems that are more important to concentrate on....to get connected in the first place! Ok...so had to revert to the other thing that I do on Sundays...TV. Will and grace..going on...aarrghh..I have started hating Karen's voice! Ok...switch switch switch...nothing here. Ohh its already 1! Need to prepare lunch...shouldnt kill my granpa and brother just because I am not in the mood to cook. Lunch turned out to be decent (and laaaate) much to my surprise. Then, brother announces net is working! yaay!! But why would he give the comp to me? So...got back to TV hoping something worthwhile is there to watch. Okk...some movie. And then this friend of mine calls asking me to meet her in the evening. Thank god! Something to do at last!

So, take my bike out in the busy evening...find a parking space and thank god it isnt cramped up! My bike can breathe here at this spot. Then spend an hour in a shopping mall and come back making a mental list of all the things I got to do once I get back home (Dinner needs to be taken care of...). And then I get a shock! There are lines of neatly parked cars where my bike was an hour ago! I look around, no nowhere around! Oh my god!! Where is my bike? Is it stolen? Did I not lock it properly? Wait..where are the other bikes that were parked with mine? What is going on here???

One friendly soul comes up to me and asks if something is wrong. And then he tells me that around 50 bikes were towed away sometime back becasue this was supposed to be car parking area!! Now how am I supposed to know that....do these people not know of signboards? What is with the law these days? Ok...cursing isnt going to get me my bike back. Then I ask him what next? He tells me I have to go to the police station and pay up the fine and it'll be back with me. Ok..lets pay up whatever is asked and get it back. But then if only things were soo easy!

I go to the station and ask around and then this person directs me back to the parking lot telling me that the vehicles will be around for somemore time before they come in to the station, so I can pay the fine and pick it up from there. So I go back (the kind soul who agreed to take me to the police station in his auto is waiting for me..). And then the police at the traffic junction re-directs me to the police station, when I tell him I am coming from there...he replies with a curt "are you trying to argue with me"? No....how can I?...I just want my bike back thats all! Finally he tells me to go back there and wait till the gaadis all come in. Its 8.15 and Granpa is worrying at home..so thought it best to get back home without the bike. Can collect it tomorrow.

Then all the auto guys decided to conspire against me! Not a single one was ready to take me home. I cant believe what I did! I finally travelled back with some stranger who was passing my place to get to his. I think he was as scared as me of travelling with a stranger! Finally reached home and my dear granpa told me we can all adjust with the stuff around for dinner and there is no need to cook! Ahh bless him!

Now, today I need to go back to that station and get my bike. Sigh....I hope my bike is doing ok....

3 Comments:

Blogger Hyperion said...

What is a dosa?

2:08 AM  
Blogger pradyot said...

A dosa is a wheat pancake...something akin to that at any rate.

Tsk tsk. That was a bad day. Hope you are able to get your bike back without much ado. And no wonder Wippy stocks are...*hides*

2:29 AM  
Blogger Pooja Subramanya said...

A Dosa to be more sepcific is made of rice flour which is a fermented batter that you use to make pancakes.

Praddy...with one share you still are not going to let go are u?!!

4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home