Tuesday, June 21, 2005

About Sundays!

I think theres something about Sundays in my life! Something usually has to happen that will make me remember the day for a long time. After the whole bike incident on one of the past Sundays, there was something new in store for me on this day.

Sunday afternoon...we have just shopped for a whole lot of things, very satisfied with all the good deals we have got, dreaming of how they would look on us, guessing what my mom will say about that high heeled footwear I just got...and hungry, very hungry.

My wallet is empty and Vidya says she has one 100 rupee note...yes that would be enough. We walk into a place on Commercial Street, look around in the menu and choose to have a milkshake and a rice item (we can share and survive). After lunch, we will have enough energy to walk upto the nearest ATM and draw cash. So, we order and wait endlessly for the guy across the counter to collect our coupon (I dont like self service much....especially when its lunch time and when I am hungry and when theres a constant inflow of people all hurridely occupying the seats available...). No, I am not eating my lunch standing in some corner of this place, give me my food faast! Ok, the Milkshake is ready, now by the time the food comes, this is going to attain room temperature and the froth will be all gone :(

We decide we need a place to sit and so comfortably settle down after finding a table (that shakes...now I dont like shaky tables either). A repeated call of "Token No 4" brings us out of our discussion (which was I think about how the milkshake could have been better or it was probably about how it would have been better if we had just ordered for two meals). Vidya goes to get it and I see her walking back towards the table with a very weird expression...and I am wondering why she hasnt got any plates with that bowl in her hand.

She places it in front of me almost accusing me since I ordered this item or so she claims, but she did agree on it....its a North Indian Veg Curry! Ok...great! Now we have a wonderful smelling hot Veg sabzi and an even better frothless milkshake to go with it! And I am staring at that big piece of Paneer on top...it looks yummy...ok....so what do we do? Both of us search around in our wallets and then find exact change of Rs.18/- Wow!! After a battle on who is going to the counter to produce this money all in change (there was one five rupee coin and the rest were coins of one and two), I take it and walk upto the cash counter. I look at the menu, ok, its either a roti or a naan (Kulcha is 19/- and a paratha is 20/- ). I order for a naan. The man sitting behind the desk just takes it (without smirking) and gives me the coupon.

Ok..the naan wasnt too bad, so we had half a naan each with the sabzi, rather the sabzi with the naan and came out of that place laughing (and stomachs still not satisfied)! Vidya is still thinking of how good the meals looked....and I am still regretting paying so much for the milkshake!

So that was a Sunday lunch for us and later at the theatre, filled ourselves with junk. Went home and had rice with daal and slept peacefully!

(In case any of you are wondering, No the restaurant does not accept credit cards and the ATM was just too far)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home