Wednesday, June 22, 2005

The little joys of life

Theres a small balcony attached to the drawing room of my home and its a frequent visiting place for many sparrows. My mother keeps a plate filled with rice and grains and loves to watch them flock around. These days I have noticed two squirrels, a crow and a pigeon coming too!

The sparrows started out in small numbers, just two then increased to a huge flock. But I must say they are all well behaved unlike the crow! The crow likes to turn the plate upside down and chew the leaves off the plants kept there. I wonder why it does that.

Mother is crazy about gardening and she has made the most of the space available in and around the house to give them all a place to live! She treats them like her children and I think I also saw her speaking to them once or twice! She has many bonsais kept in the balcony and the sparrows perch on these miniature trees. They are almost everywhere, chirping along making it all a wonderful and peaceful sight.

And for the past two weeks they have been my subject for photos. But I still havent got the picture I want. I have to stand by the window waiting for them to come along and obviously cant go into the balcony, though now they have become quite fearless compared to the first few days. Hoping to get some good shots this weekend.

But apart from capturing them in my camera, its just so fascinating to sit and watch them interact with each other sitting on the grill and flying around. The scene is right there in front of my eyes....bright day, the three'o clock sunshine falling on the leaves, the birds (they are always in pairs) flapping their little wings hopping around from my window sill to anothers balcony to somebody elses terrace...they have no idea how much joy they give me.

And the squirrel hasnt yet let us into its life, it scurries away even when I am as far as eight feet away from it! Will have to watch it from somewhere inside the house where it wont notice me!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.bullithera.com/special/prettyboy.swf

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home