Monday, July 18, 2005

Happiness

Everyone can be happy if and only if we truly desire for it. This being my sole aim in life, I am going to aspire and perspire for only that. Happiness is just a mental state, its a state that is wilfully obtained and never gained by any event or possession. Its never going to come to me, I have to find it...in myself. And I am on a journey to find a few things that matter the most to me right now in my life.

What I am going to do to be happy -

-Shut out all the thoughts that cause me pain, no I dont have to always deal with it.
-Smile...smile from within...smile to greet every new day, smile because things will get better.
-Breakdown and cry if I must. I want to wash away the pain from my soul.
-Treat myself by doing atleast one thing that I love every single day-eating, painting, reading, sleeping,writing,cooking...whatever it may be. (I think I am doing all of them right now).
-Give more attention to people who truly care for me and let them into my life, I am going to care less about the people 'I' truly care for. The former is more beneficial.
-Let go. Let go of people, let go of hope and let go of expectations (expectations of apologies, explanations, change).
-Continue being sarcastic to the mean ones, it gives me pleasure.
-Hurt back the ones who hurt me, this gives me more pleasure.

I see myself treading the path of selfishness
If this path is the only way to happiness, so shall it be.

14 Comments:

Blogger Keshav said...

"Give more attention to people who truly care for me and let them into my life, I am going to care less about the people 'I' truly care for."

It's a jewel of a thought!! I was searching for something like this for ages! Thanks!!

3:34 AM  
Blogger Blah! said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Blah! said...

You sort of remind me of happy bunny (atleast your last couple of comments did) :).

1:56 PM  
Blogger Shriram said...

Chanced upon your blog today !

Some of the posts are really thought provoking. Keep up the good work :)

5:07 AM  
Blogger KAD said...

Thanks for adding my blog link on your blog!!

11:09 PM  
Blogger Arjun Karande said...

Waiting for a post...

1:18 AM  
Blogger Sangeeta said...

whatever u r going thru.......HUgs

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good one pooja
thanks
roshan

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol

9:08 AM  
Blogger vaasu said...

nice blog indeed!!

keep posting..

smiles,
vaasu

10:44 AM  
Blogger Samba said...

I'm afraid happiness could be a side effect. For example, you may be chasing money. But happiness might come your way unwittingly and worse u may not recognized it. I personally don't believe that happiness can exist without money. I'm a staunch believer in Maslow's hierarchy. Happiness to me is an intangible that comes either after the tangibles or as a result of the tangibles. To me happiness is more similar to social affiliations and self actualization than food or shelter. However, I see no point in missing out on happiness if it comes ur way ininvited! I feel happiness is a state of mind that comes when you have the time for it.

In reality I don't know much about happiness. I'm in the phase of chasing money. Chances are that I've passed up happiness. And I have an unpleasant feeling that happiness is like Halley's comet or worse like total solar eclipse. It's gonna take motherfuckin decades and centuries before it shows up, invited or otherwise!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice blog.. stumbled upon it today.. I have posted a questions version of similar thoughts in my blog today! Many of the pts here were like answers to them :)
And do follow them. I decide such things every now and then but never could sustain it.. Hope you can do it now on and me too sometime in lyfe :)

3:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well...m rlly spellbound by ur thought process!!u r SOME ARTIST with such indepth ANALYSIS no wonder in that...will b CCRAVING for more...

10:14 AM  
Blogger Da Rodent said...

> I see myself treading the path of
> selfishness If this path is the only way
> to happiness, so shall it be.

Heh., and did you get it?

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home