Thursday, June 30, 2005

Mystery

I recently watched this movie...."League of the extraordinary gentlemen"...brother warned me..said I wud regret watching it. But, somehow I kinda enjoyed it. Yes, agreed it was crappy, but then the theme was different. Getting together all the fictious characters and making a story...novel.

Dorian Gray, Alan Quartermaine, Mrs.whatever(Dracula's wife), Tom Sawyer, The invisible man, Dr.Jeykyll (/Hyde)...(cant remember the rest) all joined together for a mission. Well, I dont want to talk about the movie or narrate the story here.

From the day I saw the movie, I thought I had heard "Dorian gray" somewhere, I couldnt place it. Yes, of course he is a fictious character with the whole life in the painting thing, but that I got to know from the movie. I had heard this name somewhere before.

It was there at the back of my mind for a long time, I kept pondering over it, trying hard to recollect. The name was unusually familiar. And then, just now I discovered where I had heard/seen the name ! My bookshelf!

"The picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde" lying in the middle of the stack of my classics collection! Thats where I had seen it...I have stared at it almost everyday and the name just remained in my head.

Strange how some mysteries get solved over time...on their own.


1. Note change: Book I am currently reading - "The picture of Dorian Gray"

2. A randomn thought: How about "Food tagging" people?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You hav some nice ideas. Putting them in words is a diff thing altogether!

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home