Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Marriage Fever


XYZ: So, have you thought about marriage?

Me: Umm..hmm..aahh...

XYZ: So when are you getting married?

Me: (What the...u impatient thing, cant u wait till I find an asnwer?)

but instead say...well...

XYZ: I am going to finish my Masters and then I am considering PhD, so maybe after that, depending on.....blah blah..

Me: (I dont want to know your future plans, know what? I can predict it for u, You wont do your Phd,u'll find a 100k paying job and marry a girl who gets some more money for you)

Ahh...seems like a well thought plan

XYZ: Well ya, I believe in knowing what you want and working towards it.

Me: (ya...thats right, and the rest of the world doesnt believe that at all)

Thats very nice, I am sure you will succeed (I REALLY could have thought of something better)!

XYZ: So you didnt tell me your marriage plans? So, parents have started the pressurizing and all?

Me: (U creature from a different planet, did you give me a chance?)

I actually decided not to think about it, coz...

XYZ: I think one should have a chalked out plan in mind you know, about everything

Me: AArrrghh....abt marriage? Thats something that will just happen when the time comes rt? (Even though I hate the "right thing happening at the right time" dialogue)!

XYZ: So abt your parents?

Me: Oh ya...no...they are not like all other relatives of mine (thank god)

XYZ: Is that coz u have found someone?

Me: (huh? whaaaat? You actually want to know if I have a boyfriend, dont you?)

Do u really know when u find someone? Isnt it all but an illusion? You think this is what you want, but....blah blah (If he cud torture me to mindless endless what nots, what better way of getting rid of him)

(Didnt work)

XYZ: I think you should get married after your Masters...you know...

Me: (No I dont know! And I dont want you saying another word, or all that hair on your head will dissapear in 2 minutes)

Why do you think so?

XYZ: Because you arent getting any younger and guys out there want younger girls as their wives you know...

Me: (The "you know" was getting on my nerves apart from everything else that was being uttered...)

Calm down, calm down, not worth it...its all about controlling ones mind...

I know what you should do, get married right away. You know why? because, you arent getting any younger yourself and you arent going to look any better, if only worse in a few years. And you know something else, I think girls wont like you at any age! So, just grab the one that says yes (if you are lucky) and dont let her go.

Did I say it? Of course not! Am not really the "I dont care what people think about me" kind.

Hmm...I dont know about that...heyy...I gotta go, have a class in 5 mins. (And pray to God you never meet me again coz I am going to say all I think the next time)



Something is wrong with the world! Why is everyone I know either busy thinking about marriage or getting into one?


5 Comments:

Blogger Fanaah said...

Hahaha-hilarious!
Its one of the reasons I strictly avoid attending marriages. Everyone can get married whenever they want, ill get married when the time is 'right'

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thatz hilarious...
am annoying too, but not to this extent. God, was he made when his parents were bored to death???

11:08 PM  
Blogger pradyot said...

Cuz dear Poojie, such is life! :)

Sorry, but could not resist!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Pooja Subramanya said...

Ok so u r still holding onto the great philosophy! I am waiting for some new thought provoking unique knowledge providing dialogue!

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i want add 1 thing 4 marriages, u will understand if u had maths..
Marr= PI*R*R + 2PI*R
:)...

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home